Sunday, February 17, 2013

Three Cheers for Chunky by Mike Ronny


 Chunky plans to spend junior year of high school goofing off with his friends, watching soap operas with his Grandma, and stuffing his face with as much candy as humanly possible. But then, as a joke, a classmate signs him up for the track team. To everyone’s surprise, Chunky accepts this challenge – well, sort of.



Ok, so I just read this short story and I wasn't sure what to make of it at first. When I started reading it I didn't know if people were making fun of the guy in the story or if he was making fun of himself. Even though it is a short story it shows a lot about the Chunky. He has a great personality and a fear of running. LOL you will get it when you read it. The more I read the more that I realized that nobody was making fun of him. You see Chunky is the nickname of the character and he has a weight issue. He also has a lot of friends that seem like great people and a coach that I would have loved to meet. This was a shot story that was shared with me from the author and I have to say that I would love to know more about his life. This was a motivating story that tells me there was more going on then meets the eye and I can't wait to see more. 

Reviewed by Stacy
4 stars
0 flames

No comments:

Post a Comment