Sunday, September 30, 2012

Charade by Cambria Hebert

Book Two in the Heven and Hell series. Dying at the hands of a psycho was a shock. Having my life returned to me by an angel was incredible. Being named a Supernatural Treasure and being given Sam as my guard was pretty darn awesome. Acquiring a debt for it all-well, I should have seen it coming. Now here we are, fighting demons from Hell, caring for a boy that I just don't trust, and traveling to faraway places to return a treasure to its rightful place. Nothing is as it seems. Everyone wears a mask; everyone
puts on a charade. It's up to us to separate the truth from the lies and reality from fiction. A hard task when my new reality involves fallen angels, witches and dragons... and did I mention Hell? Anchoring me down through it all is Sam. Sam, who must face tragedies of his own and is put to the test again and again. If we fail in our task, life as we know it-life as you know it-will end. Forever.






 This book takes up right where the first one lets off. Heven has died and been given her life back. Sam has given his life for Heven and been given it back after not being able live without him. In this book they have the scroll and need to keep it hidden. They are fighting to get it back to where it should, in Rome. They manage to get in a school field trip to Italy, convenient right, and set off on their journey. Things are different now though. Kimber isn't friends with Heven any more. She is actually going out of her way to make life hell for Heven. Logan is not the fun brother that Sam thought he was and is trying to separate the two. Cole is the biggest change of all though. He isn't after Heven anymore, because that would be gross. Turns out he is her brother. So Kimber freaking out at Heven for "stealing him" is just laughable. How far would you let someone push you before you can't help them anymore?
  You just have to read this book. The story line had me on my toes the entire time. It was awesome. There isn't much that I can say about it without giving a lot away. I don't want to spoil the surprise so I'll just say this. Keep your friends close, your ex-friends at a distance, and run like hell from your enemies. They will come after you and try to drag you into hell. 


reviewed by Stacy
5 Stars
1 Flame (making out only)

No comments:

Post a Comment