Sunday, September 30, 2012

Masquerade by Cambria Hebert

Before. Everything was so much better Before. I wasn't haunted by nightmares, my place at school was secure and my face was flawless. Now, I'm a freak and everything has changed. The worst part is that I can't remember the night I was sentenced to the shadows. The memory has been stolen from me and I just can't shake the feeling that someone, something is out there -watching. Just when I think I have my life handled, Sam, with his intimidating golden stare and shiver inducing voice, makes me realize that I don't know anything. He makes me see that my scars don't matter. That they never mattered. I can't help but fall for him, completely unknowing that he knows exactly how I got this way. Not knowing he was involved. *** Heven has no idea how closely death stalks her. She has no idea what I have done to keep her alive. I fear the day she learns my secrets, finds out what I really am. But even then I cannot stop, I vow to make things right. Finally her hunter will be hunted, Heaven and Hell, faith and sin will battle, and we will be victorious. But first, Heven must learn to be what she never imagined. I know her strength is there - I feel it. If we are to overcome all odds, she must push past her flaws - her frailties - to become much more.




 This book is about a girl named Heven and she has been through hell. She has nightmares of an attack that left her with scars on her face. The scars on her face make her sink into herself. Once she was a cheerleader with friends, popularity, and confidence. That was all Before the attack. Now she hides within big hooded sweatshirts and uses her hair to hide her face. She has withdrawn from her friends thinking that everyone refers to her as a freak. Then she meets Sam and falls in love. She stops hiding and learns that the only person that thought her looks changed her was herself. But something has changed. She is special to someone very different then she is used to. Can her love save them both from the evil fighting to take her life and her soul?
  Sam is not what he appears to be. He is a hellhound. He knows that he is evil, it's in his name for what he is after all. Yet he loves Heven. He tries to protect her from the one hunting her and vows to kill anyone that hurts her. He feels her pain when her own mother tells her that she was marked by evil. He is also jealouse of her best male friend, Cole and literally sees red when she is touched. Read this and find out how far love really goes.
  I loved this book. The book didn't end where I thought it would either. You know how you buy a book and know it is in a series so you look for that spot where it is going to end. Well this one went beyond that and gave you a teaser for the next book instead of leaving you hangin. I love watching a love story that is always more then it seems like this one. NO I will not tell you any more because that would spoil it.

reviewed by Stacy 

5 Stars

0 Flames

2 comments:

  1. Im so glad you enjoyed Masquerade! Thank you for taking the time to read and review it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime, really it was an awesome story. *wink *wink if you have any more I wouldn't object lol

    ReplyDelete