Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout

  History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time.

Alexandria isn’t sure she’s going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she’s a goner... and so is Aiden.

If that’s not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she’s caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed… and destroyed. Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...


    I was sure that I would love her. I love it when I'm right. This book is book three in a series (if you don't include the prequel which I never do). The characters are well thought out and there are some that I would love to hug, and more, and then there are some that I want to stab with a spoon. I can't tell you too much about this book without giving a lot away but I'm going to try. 
    Alex is the next Apollyon and not to happy about it. Who would be though? She is going to be a battery for Seth to suck up every chance he gets while she looses herself to the connection. She really got the crappy end of the deal all this. While waiting for this to happen she finds out that she has done some serious smack talk about a god right to his face, literally. Remember the order of nut jobs trying to kill her? Yeah well they did and freakin Apollo shows up to save the day and bring her back. Now if that isn't bad enough other gods are trying to kill her and Seth has lost his ever loving mind. Yep, total wacko. 

   Seth is brainwashed by Lucian that he actually thinks that what he is doing is good. He is trying to force Alex to Awaken early by adding marks. I know it started out fun but dude took it way to far and doesn't even care that he is hurting her in the process. He actually goes so far as to kidnap her to get what he wants. In case you haven't guessed, yep I'm with Lea "He needs to die". Not telling the whole thing cause you will just have to read it. 
    What about Mr. Yummy you ask? Well Aiden is there as well. He finally comes to his senses and some stuff happens. Now the battle will begin again after she Awakens to see if he can keep her. Damn I need the next book. I feel like a junky here needin my next fix. Please get this next book out ASAP. I'm beggin. 


reviewed by Stacy
Stars 5
Flames 2
 

No comments:

Post a Comment