Friday, September 7, 2012

Demons by Heather Frost

Kate’s life is far from normal. She can see auras, her boyfriend is immortal, and her powers make her a target. But now that the Demon Lord is hunting her, things are about to go from dangerous to truly deadly. Packed with action, mind-blowing plot twists, and characters you can’t get enough of, this is a fast-paced, heart-pounding read from cover to cover. blurb from goodreads page


This book blew my mind. I was very confused in the beginning until I remembered that it was the second book in a series. The good news is that enough info was given for me to catch up quickly. There were a few things though that I didn't figure out until I was half way in. The plot was well thought out and kept me on my toes, but I spent the whole time reading it wondering
if I should just buy the first one and read them in order. 
  Kate is a wonderful girl that has been through a lot in her life. A near death experience has caused her to be able to see peoples auras and tell the difference between humans, demons, and guardians. Her grandfather is a guardian as well and it turns out that they are both special. We learn in this book that they SEE more than most people do and it allows them to time travel through other peoples memories. Kate is given a warning though never to try to change anything within her own life span or she will die. As she watches her immortal boyfriend get sick and learn that he has been infected and could actually die she is forced to make a decision. What wouldn't she do to save him?
  Patrick is a guardian. He has been alive for hundreds of years and watched everyone that he has loved die and go to heaven knowing that he has to be left behind. When his time comes he is not afraid to die. He knows that it will happen and that the price to save himself is too high for Kate to pay. When she kidnaps him and forces him to be cured I almost cried. In the end he gets a visit from an unexpected source and it leave the beginning for the next book wide open.  
  This book get 4 stars and no flames. The love between them was pure in all senses of the word. I can't wait to read the next, and the first, books in this series. 
 4 Stars
 0 Flames

reviewed by Stacy
received from NetGalley for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment